PT Samson Tiara is pleased to announce it has received OPITO approval for Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) training. The first provider in Indonesia to attain OPITO approval for CA-EBS, this training will be conducted both as a standalone course for those who already have a recently completed BOSIET, T-BOSIET, FOET or T-FOET as well as an add-on option for those courses.
All available courses which will cover CA-EBS include:
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training – 5902
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) – 5750
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Digital Delivery – 5752
- Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) – 5850
Tropical BOSIET with CA-EBS – 5508
- Tropical BOSIET with CA-EBS and Travel Safely by Boat – 5509
- Tropical FOET with CA-EBS – 5194
- Tropical FOET with CA-EBS and Further Travel Safely by Boat – 5927
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) – 5295
- Tropical HUET with CA-EBS – 5929
“We are pleased to finally be approved to deliver this much requested course to our clients, proving once again our continued commitment to delivering internationally accredited safety training to our clients in Indonesia,” said Jim Truesdell, President Director at PT Samson Tiara. “The adoption of CA-EBS in the offshore industry has increased over the past few years and it is very important that we be able to meet the customers need for training with this life saving device.”
CA-EBS vs EBS
The Emergency Breathing System (EBS) has been in use on helicopters in the offshore industry for quite some time. Also referred to as “rebreathers” or “air-pockets”, the traditional EBS has an air lung built into the lifejacket, into which the wearer exhales their own air in the event of a ditching at sea. The purpose of this is to give the wearer additional time to escape a capsized helicopter by allowing them to re-breath the air in the lifejacket, particularly in cold water environments where the water temperature makes it difficult for the wearer to hold their breath.
Rather than relying on the wearer to exhale into the life jacket’s air lung, Compressed Air EBS uses a small, compressed air cylinder to deliver fresh air to the wearer. This set up is smaller, but still very similar in principle to the air systems used by SCUBA divers.
The CA-EBS training in both the standalone and add-on courses, aims to teach delegates how to properly utilise CA-EBS in an emergency, the differences between CA-EBS and traditional EBS as well as the hazards associated with its use.
For more information about PT Samson Tiara and the courses we offer, please visit: https://www.samson-tiara.co.id
For more information about OPITO, please visit: https://www.opito.com
Press Release 09/01/2023
PT Samson Tiara is the leading provider of onshore and offshore safety and survival training services in the Indonesian market. From their award-winning facility in Cilegon, PT Samson Tiara has been providing safety and emergency response training since 1994 and was the first to bring OPITO and TEEX approved training to Indonesia.
OPITO is a non-profit oil and gas training standards and accreditation body whose mission is to support the industry to build sustainable, competent, and safe oil & gas workforce to ensure that quality, innovation and partnership underpin everything they do.